CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Welcome to Cogito Ergo Scribit

Cogito Ergo Scribit is where I write about writing. I'm a writer with more than a decade of experience, and I'd like to lend my experience to others while I continue to learn myself.

Everything here is copyright Carrie L. Eckles unless otherwise stated.

I enjoy reading comments and welcome the insights and questions of others. Like my blog? Let me know! Think I could do something a little better? Tell me how. I welcome everyone's thoughts.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tick Tock

Writers are unique creatures. For some reason, nature has bestowed upon us the ability to scribble words on paper that make sense. More than that, we are given the ability to tell stories that make people think, feel, and just generally react.

We all write for different reasons; the most common, however, is that if we don't spit out what we've got to say, we feel as though we're suffocating.

So, my question is: what makes you, as a writer, tick? Why do you write what you write?

To answer my own question, I would say what I said a few sentences before this one: I just have to. Writing has always been such a big part of me, I'm compelled to do it. If I get a story idea, I write it down. I always love to explore new ideas, places, and people through my writing and it never gets dull (well, for me, at least).

So, what about the rest of you? What makes you tick?

0 comments: